Wednesday, November 10, 2010

AGLF Has a New Website, and I am Still in Love With Gray

I can't believe it's been a month and a half since I last posted here!  Time sure flies when you're busy.  :)

First off, I would like to announce the new website for the AGLF - aglf.info.  On the website are links to donate, buy the calendar, purchase beads, jewelry and other art, and more.  We would really appreciate your visit! For those who want to read more about AGLF and what it's about, please see my earlier post here.

As for beadmaking, I have been doing lots.  I am currently selling my beads in small sets in my newly re-opened Etsy store.  There's nothing there at the moment but tutorials, because the beads are selling as quickly as I can get them listed - which is wonderful!  So if you're looking for my beads, keep an eye on the store there.  I do email my mailing list when I put up a batch of beads, so if you want you can sign up for that at the bottom of my website.

And now for some beads!

CiM Adamantium remains one of my favorite colors of the season so far.   I am loving gray even more than brown this year - and this dark charcoal is just lovely for fall and winter.  I paired it with pink last week, and it turned out so pretty. 

Pink and gray remind me of my teenage years back in the 80's (OMG I'm so old...).  That color combo was everywhere, and I remember making friendship bracelets with embroidery floss in pinks and grays all the time.  Friendship bracelets.....ahhhh flashbacks.  :)

I'm looking forward to pairing this soft, dark grey with other colors such as pale blue, deep teal, light purple, and maybe some more black and white. 

I am also excited to be trying my hand at striking and reducing Double Helix Clio, a sweet pink/amber glass that reduces a soft metallic that I find heavenly.  I've already made some beads from it and will be making more.  I don't have pics yet, but look for these in my Etsy shop within a week or so! 

Have fun playing this week, and stay warm!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful beads - I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Begin reading on item 5: http://hellowoodway.blogspot.com/2010/11/november-22nd-meeting.html

    She made an ass out of herself in public. Pass it on.

    ReplyDelete