Thursday, April 9, 2015

Grey is the Color of Introspection

It's been an eventful couple of months.  There have been two deaths in my family, two births in my family, one pregnancy announcement, a lot of travel, a lot of work, and the dissolution of a friendship which had become unbalanced and somewhat toxic.

When things get a little bit crazy, I tend to retreat inward.  The introversion and introspection that happens with me colors my work, naturally.

So I have been working with a lot of grey these last few weeks. The color grey for me brings to mind soft wool, cool days, quiet reflection, and the companionship of animals. It's also a professional color - clean and somewhat aloof.

Since it's spring, I've been pairing grey with lighter, more cheerful colors like peach, aqua, amethyst, pink and green.  The result is a kind of subtle balance of sweet and somber - which kind of goes along with this year's fashion color palette as well.

For me, the best grey glass colors are in the CiM line - Adamantium for the opaque, layered with transparents such as Raindrop, Journey and Twilight.

I love grey when I want to slow down and really focus on things, and I adore the way it makes the other colors stand out without being too fussy. It's my favorite neutral right now. :)









1 comment: