Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Frantz Art Glass Introduces "Try Before You Buy" Program

Something really cool just popped up for beadmakers and other glass artists who love glass color!  Frantz Art Glass - my favorite glass supplier - announced a few days ago that they were going to allow customers to try new colors before buying them.

According to their website, this means that when you make a purchase there, you can choose up to 2 new glass colors and receive a free rod of that glass to try out.

I have to say that I am pretty excited about this.  Frantz gets new Effetre colors in pretty often - and posts pics of them on their website.  However, it's sometimes really hard to tell just by the paddle picture what that glass is going to end up really looking like in a bead.  A lot of new colors look nothing like the pic on the Frantz website, for a number of reasons. That makes it hard for customers to commit to buying even a quarter pound of it to try out.

This new program is a wonderful opportunity for those of us who are addicted to new colors, but can't afford to buy them all, knowing some of them won't work out.

I know I am excited to try their new Navy Blue opaque glass - a color I have been waiting forever for!  You can even try the latest batch of EDP 254 - the opaque purple I wrote about in my last post, the one that works for Pantone's 2014 color of the year. Canyon - a light turquoise blue - also looks really pretty.

You can bet I will be snatching up a couple of free rods the next time I order.  Hopefully there will be some left!

Check out their newsletter here. (nope, I don't get a kickback for blogging this - I just love them)  Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment